
This week I found out about Stephanie Clark Nielson. I have know Stephanie since elementary school. As soon as I heard about her I went online trying to get more info. While I was online I came across the blogs of several old PHS friends, I also joined facebook and have found lots more.
Seeing all of these names and faces has really got me reminiscing about high school.
I HATED high school! I was insecure and never felt like I knew where I fit in. However as I come across these people from my past I remember how many people I knew who: I was jealous of, had a crush on, wanted to be good friends with, admired, disliked, etc. and really I have good memories of these people I am finding High school couldn't have been as bad as I thought or perhaps time does heal all wounds. Either way I am happy to be seeing these people and what they are up to.
I am happy to see that, for the most part, my fellow PHS friends and I have gotten over our high school issues (maybe they did not have any), and seem to have good and happy lives. This is not to detract from the sad or hard things some face or have faced, but we seem to be doing pretty well, even Stephanie who is going through such an awful thing is obviously loved and admired by many and that says a lot!
any who just thinking...
Seeing all of these names and faces has really got me reminiscing about high school.
I HATED high school! I was insecure and never felt like I knew where I fit in. However as I come across these people from my past I remember how many people I knew who: I was jealous of, had a crush on, wanted to be good friends with, admired, disliked, etc. and really I have good memories of these people I am finding High school couldn't have been as bad as I thought or perhaps time does heal all wounds. Either way I am happy to be seeing these people and what they are up to.
I am happy to see that, for the most part, my fellow PHS friends and I have gotten over our high school issues (maybe they did not have any), and seem to have good and happy lives. This is not to detract from the sad or hard things some face or have faced, but we seem to be doing pretty well, even Stephanie who is going through such an awful thing is obviously loved and admired by many and that says a lot!
any who just thinking...
5 comments:
Yes, time does heal all wounds. It is very nice we can grow up and come to like those people who we weren't so sure about, eh?
Can't stop thinking about Stephanie. Very sad.
Yes, facebook is awesome to catch up on those who you wonder about and lost contact with. I really loved high school, drama, insecurities and all, but it's (like Anna said) so nice to see how far every one (for the most part) has come.
I too, can't stop thinking about Steph. But if anyone can heal and make it through this she can, while inspiring hundreds along the way.
ps I've always thought you were an awesome person. So cool..going to London with her family, wearing salt water sandlas (I always wanted a pair), a wonderful family with cousins galore near by, cool older sisters and so very kind.
I wish we could've done more together in high school. One of my favorite memories of you is when we went to the Garth Brooks concert together. So fun!
You were my favorite part of high school!
Erica,
That concert was a blast, I wish we would have done more too!
Bree,
You were my Favorite too! To bad you were not around more and thankfully we got to be roommates after!
Post a Comment