Friday, August 15, 2008

I Hope They Call Me on a Mission

I was in charge of a Primary Activity this month. We dicide to send the kids on a mission.



Dear Primary Child,

You have been chosen and found worthy to serve a Mission for the Peoria Arizona Stake.

You are hereby called to serve in the Centennial Ward Missionary Day Activity. It is expected that you will serve for 1 hour (4:00-5:15pm).

You will report to the Missionary Training Center (the church north foyer entrance) in Peoria Arizona, on August 12, 2008.

In preparation for your calling we ask that you come dressed in your Sunday clothes (not required, but, highly recommended), pray, read your scriptures, invite a friend or pray for a non-member friend, and keep the commandments. As you live worthy of this calling we know that you will be able to bless the lives of others and that your life will be richly blessed by our Father in Heaven.

Sincerely,

The Primary Presidency



Elder Finn and Sister Jade entering the "MTC"
Elder YoungWriting to the MissionariesLearning a song for "street contacting"
Learning about sharing the Gospel
Playing do you love your neighbor
door to door contacting
They got rejected twice but got in and got a cookie after sharing a gospel message at the third door.

3 comments:

Alison said...

it was such a fun activity! my girls had a great time.

David and Kris Taylor said...

Looks like fun ... I hope they got to eat something foreign and challenging.

D.

Anna said...

Maren, that is great! I think that sounds so fun. I bet they loved it. Way to go, Sister Young.