Monday, July 23, 2007

Classic

It is raining right now.
Finn: "It rains in Phoenix!?"

9 comments:

will said...

It really does?

Maren said...

Yes we are in the monsoon season. We also get Haboobs (look that one up!).

Anna said...

Haboobs?

Emily said...

I looked up Haboobs. Very interesting:)

Anna said...

Wow, have you seen one yet?

millie said...

How did you learn that? And how long were you living in AZ before you learned it? And do all your friends have filthy mouths?

will said...

Mmmmmmmmm, Haboobs.

(no Mill, just your brother)

Maren said...

We saw one last summer, the biggest one they had seen in years, Streached from one end of the vally to another coming from the south. It looks like a wall of dust coming at you and it gets pretty dark when you are in it. We have seen one so far this summer. Most AZ natives dont seemed to know that they are called Haboobs, so it is fun to say and see the shock on peoples face.

Ellen said...

I'm worried about what might pop up when I google haboobs! Google Haboobs. That just doesn't sound right. I better just go straight to the wikipedia.