Friday, April 25, 2008

Splash Pad!

Today we went to the splash pad!
Fun Right?



Wrong!



We met up with our friends the McKenzie's, I knew Finn would be stand offish (he is not a big fan of splashing water). He surprised me though and went right out he was doing well until BAM a sprinkler turned on and caught him off guard. We then dealt with a melt down (he did go out one more time after that, but don't tell him you are proud of him, or that he is brave. He is "not brave because he cried", and if you say you are proud it only causes more tears!).
Harry also got caught by the water but was fine once he made it back to me. He was pretty adventurous and over all had a great time!
I think in time Finn might like the splash pad, but, don't tell him I said that! I was proud of myself for not trying to force Finn out there like I felt like doing but just letting him do it the way he wanted!

4 comments:

millie said...

Are those your cute little ankles?

Anna said...

So is it a park? And, Finn, I am so not proud of you...

will said...

Nice work Maren.

April said...

Oh, so sad that Finn was turned off from the splash pads. Those things are such lifesavers during the summer in AZ plus they are FREE. Crazy!! I hope he enjoys it better next time. We loved those when we were there for our internship, but I think it is easier if you have a water lover.