
Piet Mondrian
(Color, line, shape, etc)
For Finns preschool I am in charge of art. I plan to teach them the Elements of Art and Design, but, I want to show them examples of artist using them. Please help me think of good/ strong examples for the various categories.
(Sorry that this blog is wacky I cant get it to align correctly and I am sick of trying)
Space- Open and closed areas; space may be positive (filled) or negative (open).
Shape- Two-dimensional outline, often seen as a geometric figure such as a rectangle or triangle.
Form- Three-dimensional shape, such as a cube, cone, or sphere
Mass- Weight, density, or relative solidity of a form; mass may be actual or visual.
Line- Connection between two points; line may be vertical, horizontal angular, or curved.
Texture- Smoothness or roughness of a surface, texture may be read visually or through touch.
Pattern- Arrangement of motifs in a repetitive or variegated order; a small pattern may be read visually as a texture.
Light- Natural, artificial, or a combination of both; light affects the appearance of all the other elements of design.
Color- Hues that vary from light to dark and from intense to dull and can be mixed with one another and combined in color schemes; color is the most personal and emotional of the elements of design.
3 comments:
A few just off the top of my head:
Color for cool colors try Brueghel's Hunter's ( a wintertime one) and for warm a Gaugin. Or a Matisse with his happy colors.
For form a Branchusi sculpture like Bird in Space or a Moore sculpture or a Rodin.
Shape: how about Nude descending a staircase (no worries it is all shape, no need to worry about a poor preschooler seeing anatomical parts) Or Matisses snail with just blocks of color or a Cezanne still life.
Line: Mondrian as you have pictured above.
Texture: a nice thickly painted impressionist piece? contrasted with a nice Van Huijisum smooooth as marble still life?
Light: VERMEER baby. and also impressionists.
Okay just a few ideas. Go crazy. Sounds fun.
Okay, so this has nothing to do with your post, but I checked out layouts on my blog and I didn't find any that have 3 columns. I'm going to go sew now, but let me know if you know where I find that. Thanks!
Oh, and Jada's class just had to draw pictures using nothing but straight lines, and then another one using nothing but curly lines. It was kind of fun. Just an idea.
KT
Oh yeah, and of course you MUST use the painter of light for light. He is so talented.
Post a Comment