Today I found blogs of some of our MBA Friends, Some of them were first years and are now finishing up internships and heading back to Provo. I must say that I am jealous. I NEVER thought that I would want to return to school and I NEVER understood why people said that we would look back at our school years as some of the best, and that if I ever did feel that it would be when I was fifty or so, but here we are in the real world that I have longed to be a part of for soooo long and.... I wish we were going back to school!
Don't get me wrong I know this is a mix of homesickness, and not having great friends here yet, but, our time in the MBA and MBASA really was awesome! I miss all my friends from the MBASA! The start of the school year was always exciting and fun! So to any of you MBA friends who might happen on to my little spot on the web, we miss you! ENJOY! It really is a fun part of life! I am glad we got to share it with you.
PS I still don't miss our apartment!
8 comments:
Maren,
I feel the same. I swore up and down my whole life that I would NEVER live in utah. But now that we are in WA, I wish we lived in Utah!
Megan
P.S. Love your dress in the grad picture! Even though it is partially covered by a baby! Where did you get it???
Give yourself a year...that's what it took for me...a year. Imagine moving to SLC and wishing you could move back to Omaha!
John just finished his MBA and there is nothing I miss about that life. Honestly nothing! Did I not do it right? I hated him being gone all night studying, I hated our crappy student housing apt., I hated freezing Logan days, I hated never having any money and feeling guilty every time we went out to dinner or I bought a new shirt. I couldn't be happier to be done. I must have missed the fun part of MBA life.
BYU has an AMAZING spouse association, we made great friends and had a lot of great experiances!
We were poor as dirt also, I dont miss that to much. Gavin was always home for dinner and to put the boys to bed. He would stay up all night to study sometimes, I also dont miss that, and he dosent either.
I got the dress at Target!
Hi Mare Mare:
I thought you were going to start a dinner group with your all your BYU peeps -- what became of that?
Anna is right: it will take time.
You are right: those were great times and always will be. We are still associate with our college buddies.
OXO
Dad
Being in the "school years still" I already know I will miss the relationships I made over these four years. It's crazy to think that we'll ever be something other than "students" but you reminded me to love this time in our life and not take it for granted...THANKS!
ps you have such a cute family! I love your dress too...go TARGET!
Maren I think until I feel settled into my new city and home, and have new friends to have fun with, it is hard to not want to go back to something familiar that was so fun. But you aren't alone in wanting to go have fun with the MBASA again this year!
Post a Comment