Thursday, February 28, 2008

Holy COW!

I know the quality is bad but WOW!



Also go to this link and watch the Trash Tour. SO Incredible. We are so wasteful.
OPRAH.

7 comments:

Maren said...

Now I am not saying that I could do this, but, I sure can be less wastful with what I throw out because it is "bad".

Anna said...

Wow. I had never heard of that.
We are so wasteful. I think it is insane, and is an extreme form of ingratitude for the abundance the Lord provides for us.
I am trying so hard to eliminate or families consumption/waste. It is hard to do!!!!

David and Kris Taylor said...

This is eye-opening. I throw stuff out but is usually past the point. I can't wait to see how Anna's composting project turns out, because I hate to throw away the potato peels and broccoli ends because they will make black gold.

I assume this would be easier in NYC than in Provo. Not that it matters, because I probably won't become a freegan, but I can certainly become more aware of waste. I am doing better than before; you should see me packin' away the leftovers, but I could still do much better.

D.

will said...

Wow. She's awesome. I once heard that 2/3rds of the world has a worse diet than the average disposal here.

Ellen said...

There are actually freegans in the Salt Lake City area. We've done news stories on them before.

Interesting idea, though I could never do it. Although, come to think of it, I have eaten bread from the dumpster of Tony Caputo's bakery. But only because we retrieved the plastic bag full of baguettes after watching them throw it in. We decided the 10 second rule applied.

But I'm always very careful about what I throw away... and always try to buy only the things that I know we will consume entirely. Which is sometimes hard if you shop at Costco... and want to get that yummy salsa that's only good for a week!

AnneMarie said...

I don't think I could stomach going through the garbage, but it is good to keep us mindful of how incredibly wasteful we can be. I need to do better

Julie Tegeder said...

I'm on the waiting list at the library for Eckart Tolle's book. Let me know what you think of it.