Thursday, February 07, 2008

Letterboxing

This seems like such a fun activity for Familys I saw it on my friend Malinas blog. It is similar to Geocaching (sp?). Take a look at this site http://www.letterboxing.org/ it explains what it is, what you need, and how it works. I really thought of my sister Annna's family since they do a lot more hiking as a family then anyone I know. It would be fun to leave the boxs as well as find them.

4 comments:

Anna said...

This looks so fun and so cool. My fam would LOVE it, methinks.

{Erica} said...

I found out about letterboxing last summer and we found out there's actually a "box" here in a local park. We never got around to fidning it before we left for utah for the summer but you can be sure Bret has that at the top of his list for this summer. Do they have ones in Utah and Arizona? I'll have to check...such a great idea!

KMDuff said...

Also check out atlasquest.com for some areas. And there are yahoo groups about it too. My kids love it.

Megan said...

My aunt and uncle have been letterboxing for years. They love it! I've never tried it but my aunt loves to do it when she travels she says its fun to get to know a city that way. There are quite a few in Salt Lake that I know they've done. Oh and Maren, how dumb am I. I guess you live in AZ? I assumed it was in IL. Isn't there a peoria illinoise? Anyway, thanks for posting on my blog the other day. It made me happy.