Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dad, Hay Dad look at Gavin!

Gavin has always loved my dads "fall off the bone chicken" and has wanted me to learn to make it, and being the loving wife that I am I said "if you want it you learn to make it!". When we were in Utah the last time he did just that!
Today for the first time he tried out the recipe!

Browning the chicken.
Letting it cook on low heat.
Checking on it.
Final product!
Yummy!
So here is the review: It was delicious! It achieved that melt in your mouth fall off the bone quality that Gavin loves! The Gravy was good also different then Dads and we are not sure why. Next time we think it needs a tad more seasoning, but, it really was Fab-boo!

9 comments:

Anna said...

Well done Gavin. I love your sensitivity Maren...it reminds me of me.
Also when I make the gravy I am pretty generous with the Sesoning Salt...it tastes just like Mom and Dads. And your Harry David Jr Jr looks so grown up! What's up with that???

David and Kris Taylor said...

Congratulations. It looks delicious! I really load up the dredging flour with season salt and cracked pepper, but I don't use that flour in the gravy. Just salt and pepper and plain flour.

D.

Emily said...

Looks great! I think we all have the very delicate sensitivity that Maren talked about here. Hehehe

AnneMarie said...

Can I come for dinner?:) I love your Dad's chicken too, but even if I had the recipie I couldn't make it because I am the only one in my family who will eat chicken off the bone. Such a sad tale.

David and Kris Taylor said...

It can be made with boneless chicken, too.

D.

Julie Tegeder said...

can you send him over to cook our dinner as well?!?!

will said...

Nice cookin' Gavin.

AnneMarie said...

Will it taste as delicious with boneless chicken do you think?

David and Kris Taylor said...

Yes, it is equally good if you use thighs.

D.